I am joining in on your heART makes a difference Joy Jam this week. It is all about being aware of what gave you joy during the week, helping us to see more joy by noticing the little things and being grateful for them. Putting you in this state of awareness allows more joy in to your life.
For the Friday Joy Jam we have to list 3 to 5 things that gave us joy this week so here is my list.
- getting my submissions finished and sent off by the deadline for an interstate conference next year. I was stressed that I wouldn't get it done but at the last minute everything came together and I was so happy that it worked out.
- spending time with good friends celebrating her milestone birthday. Appreciating the friendships in our lives is a really important thing to me. We had a great night and I am grateful for all the friends in my life.
- being able to sit out in the sunshine this week and soak in life. Sitting by a friend's pool, sipping champagne, not rushing to be somewhere or get something done, just relaxing and soaking in the moment of great weather and great company.
- making a batch of the best ever gluten free banana and choc chip muffins. Well what more can i say, I am going to share this recipe this week because it is so outrageously good.
- catching up with a faraway girlfriend on the phone. you may remember a recent post where I caught up with my bridesmaid of 24 years ago at my school reunion weekend in Sydney. We message each other on Facebook regularly but it is so good to speak over the phone.
So what brought you joy this week?
Do you take time at the end of the week (or more often) to notice what gave you joy?
It is a really satisfying practice, you should try it.
Have a great day everyone