Sunday 23 October 2011

Buddha's influence


Thanks everyone for coming by

I've been out and about this week but now have another journal page to share with you.
I was inspired for this page by a serviette with a Buddha and some other lovely serene photos on it. I started with another page of leftover paint. I think it is Jo Sonja Yellow Deep. I then got out a new Crafters Workshop stencil called Tie Dye and rubbed Impress Chocolate ink over it and let it dry. I softened it a bit with a baby wipe and gesso.



Then i used Stazon Timber Brown stamp pad and a flower stamp to stamp randomly, then added more gesso where needed.

so this is the serviette which i cut up and then stuck to the page

once it was dry I rubbed Titanium White around the edges with my finger to soften and help it blend into the page. I love also how the paint picked up the rough creases of the serviette to add some texture.
 I then stamped a script background stamp over the page with Impress Spring Green
 at this stage that green was looking a bit bright and gaudy but it is one of many layers so I knew it would be alright in the end...

so out came some stamps......


and some papers....
my trusty White Signo pen and an orange Staedtler fineliner....


to outline some of the stamps
more stamps, can you tell I have a fetish for stamps?
I needed some softening of the page but with a bit of colour and I remembered I had this set of soft pastels in earth tone which are perfect for my page so i rubbed them around the piece of paper that I had stamped the saying on
journalled with my fineliner
I also doodled a bit of a loose border and ended up with my finished page. I really like how it turned out and will have to get those pastels out more often I think.
I am always drawn to Buddha's and I do love reading about the beliefs, philosophies and, as you know, from meditating daily, I find my peace and serenity from this practice.



“Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.” ~Thich Nhat Hanh
Namaste
Lee


9 comments:

Serena Lewis said...

A beautiful and serene page, Lee! I love Buddhas too and have quite a few around my home. I need to get back into my daily meditating....as I do miss it and it's been way too long. :)

artymess said...

beautiful and inspiring page ...x

Andrea said...

Beautiful pages ..
I found you from another blog and I'm searching for inspiration about art journaling and now I'm here.

I'm only a stamper, but I try to to my first page :-)

Thanks for so much inspiration and step-by-step photos ...

greentings from Germany (sorry, about my english!)
Annchen

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pages, and couldn't help smiling as I saw one of my fave stamp sets used too- cool!

Janet said...

Layers and layers of peaceful yumminess! I'm always thankful that you share your process with us. I learn something each time.

Anna Rosa Designs said...

Hi Lee,
This page is fabulous.
Thank you for sharing your step by step and showing us your process through gaudy to gorgeous!

Great how the pastels blend it all together.

I must remember my camera more often. lol
Creative hugs,
Anna

Kelly said...

Wow, there are so many steps to this page! I can't believe you used the images from a napkin for this page! You did a fabulous job! I love it. I love my white signo pen too! Hugs and blessings Lee, thanks for sharing your passion.

Cindy Lane said...

Beautiful layering! Colour choices are just so right.

Yes we have Buddha here in this house. My mother was Buddhist, but had to convert to Christianity to marry my father. It's a very gentle way of life, and the monks sure know how to cut the materialistic cr*p out of their lives. If only the rest of the world was as selfless...

Tracy Verdugo said...

just gorgeous Lee....love watching your techniques and will give some of these a go :)
namaste my friend
Tracy x

Related Posts with Thumbnails