Friday 4 November 2011

Simply Christmas and another swap page



Hi Everyone

Just wanted to share with you something that is happening over at Shabby Art Boutique. Kerryanne is once again hosting the Simply Christmas event which started this week and goes till Christmas, it is all about getting us ready for the silly season without going silly.

During Simply Christmas there are tutorials, starting with this great planner, as well as guest posters and giveaways. It is all about simplifying the run up to Christmas. 

I also wanted to show you my second page in the swap. This theme was vintage. I have decided I am going to art journal one page and doodle on the other. Hope they like them. I forgot to take step by step photos but I'll tell you what I did.

I based both pages in a cream mix. 

 The doodle was simply using a copic fineliner. I am enjoying getting back into my doodling.

 On the journal page I used some Kaisercraft papers from their little paper pad appropriately called Vintage Timeless. I ripped and cut pieces and stuck them randomly. Then I rubbed some Warm White around the edges of the paper to make them blend in a bit with the background. 
Stamped over the top with the Kaisercraft Sheet Music background stamp with the brown StazOn ink pad, randomly all over. 
I cut some clocks out of the sheet of paper from the Vintage Timeless range and a word from the paper pad. Then I got out an alphabet stamp set and stamped a quote I found. 
It needed a border so I had a piece of paper that I had punched with a Martha Stewart border punch so I used that as a stencil with the Chocolate Impress Ink pad and a piece of Cut and Dry foam. I rubbed some of this so it was not a stark border, like some had worn off with time.



And how appropriate but totally random was the quote that I found given my previous post.

"The chain of Friendship stretching far,
link days that were
with days that are"

I am truly blessed to have the friends that I do and I am grateful to have them in my life. 
I hope they know how much I treasure them.

Well it is off to do some art today. I didn't get as much done as I would have liked yesterday so it is head down and bum up and on to the next swap page.
Have a great day everyone

Namaste
Lee

4 comments:

Anna Rosa Designs said...

Hi Lee,
Oh dear, I don't know how I missed this post.
Your second page for the swap looks fabulous with all that doodling!

The Vintage page looks very vintage lol with lots of techniques and I love the saying.

I'm also very grateful for wonderful friends in my life.
Creative hugs,
Anna

Wini said...

Hi Lee, Thanks for sharing about the Christmas event. I LOVE your two vintage Xmas pages especially the page of doodles. It looks amazing!! I am also grateful for my friends and online connections such as you. Have a lovely weekend! Wini xox

itsaworkof Art said...

Hello Lee!!!
Its been a loooong time since i visit you here. i shall not begin with my never ending story.
i miss coming here!
always love your doodling!
love your entry too!!
hope everythings fine there;)
hugs
July;)

An'Angelia Thompson said...

Hey, Lee! Thanks for stopping by -glad you enjoyed the luscious layers post! I enjoyed your b/w pages. I'm always drawn to b/w, but somehow color always seems to find it's way in! LOL Don't you just love the moon! I'll be posting another moon pic tomorrow that hubby took Fri night. It's gorgeous. Hugs!

Related Posts with Thumbnails