Tuesday 13 December 2011

guest posting and art journal swap

Hi everyone

I have some exciting news to tell you today and to share some things as well.

I hope the rush up to Christmas is not getting too stressful for you. I just wanted to share some more Christmas cards that I am slowing doing in my lunch hour at work.

 Of course they are featuring Tatty Teddy. I embossed all the edges of the papers with Silver Lightening and on the bottom of the cards I added some detail with the Gelly Roll pens in Clear Sparkle and Silver. I just love these pens, they write over anything and are the sparkliest pens I have ever used.

Now for my exciting news

I am excited today to let you know I am guest posting over at Your Heart Makes a Difference. It is on my favourite subject of Gratitude. Please pop over and have a read and let me know what you think. I just love the group that Louise Gale has set up over there. It is a wonderful place to share and receive kindness, creativity and positive thoughts.

Remember the snippets of this page that I shared with you here. I had to hold off on showing you the rest as it was being used in my guest post. So here are the complete pages and how I did them.
So my first theme in the swap was "my favourite word".
My favourite word is Grateful and here are the two pages, front and back. I decided to art journal on the front page. I used bubble wrap, reverse stenciling with the Mums stencil, some border stamps, sentiment stamps, stamping on strips of ribbon that had a satin border, and then I embossed some butterflies on the page. I then wrote why I chose that word and what it means to me.

 here is a close up of the butterfly. I used a sparkle embossing powder and I liked the way it picked up the colours underneath. It then acted like a resist when I rubbed the inks over the top.


I then doodled a Mandala on the back.....

this page looks a bit lighter than it actually is but I think you get the idea. I rubbed my 3 favourite Impress ink colours on it, Pansy, Indigo Blue and Aqua and then rubbed the whole page with a wet baby wipe to blend the colours for the background. The doodling was done with a black Copic marker.

Yesterday was my birthday and I just had to share the beautiful bunch of roses that my husband and two boys gave me. Aren't they just gorgeous!

 We all went out for a lovely Thai dinner and then some yummy Chocolate mousse for desert.

I hope you are all having a sparkly week.

My quote today comes from one of my favourite authors, Sarah Ban Breathnach who actually started me keeping a gratitude journal as mentioned in her book, Simple Abundance

Be grateful for the home you have, knowing that at this moment, all you have is all you need.
Sarah Ban Breathnach
Namaste
Lee 

7 comments:

Kat McNally said...

Hi Lee,
Lovely to meet you, via TinnieGirl! Thank you so much for stopping by #reverb11 and sharing your story.
I love the artwork you have been sharing here on your blog, you have tremendous talent and gorgeous energy!
Hope you have a lovely festive season and a wonderful new year full of creative delight.
Kat x

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday Lee! How wonderful that you've gotten to guest post on gratitude (that's my word for next year btw, so I'm dusting of my Louse L Hay books!). Beautiful Christmas cards and gratitude/ mandala page!

Janet said...

Happy birthday a day late! The roses are gorgeous. As are your journal pages. The hand drawn mandala page is my favorite because I'm amazed at the detail you have in it. And your Christmas cards are adorable. You've been busy!!

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday Lee. Congratulations on being a guest host - how wonderful! I love your pages, your mandala and the butterfly ~ everything. Always beautiful here. Your cards are very sweet too.
Merry Christmas to you m'dear.
Hugs and blessings
Kelly

Wini said...

Dear Lee, Congrats on being a guest host. I will pop over there after writing this comment. I love your Tatty Teddy cards, and your artwork is beautiful as usual!! I especially love the mandala. Great to hear that you had a wonderful birthday. Wishing you a wonderful and joyous Christmas and festive season, and a creatively fulfilling and successful 2012!! Wini xox

scrapwordsmom said...

Hi, Lee. I put a link to your post as well as a shout out to you on my blog today!!! http://wordsofmeproject.blogspot.com/

An'Angelia Thompson said...

LOVE the doodled mandala!

Related Posts with Thumbnails