Thursday 15 August 2013

Day 14 - embracing the season

Embracing each season is my wish today. My quest is to find the beauty in winter and embrace it.
This seasonal 'down-ness' every year cannot continue, I've decided so time to do something about it. 
Hopefully doing this will get me out of my 'stuckness'.

To that end, I took these photos today just outside my office at work and made a decision to be conscious of finding the light in the dark of this time of year. You know what else I noticed, the birds are singing. Now that is a sure sign spring is on it's way.
Look at all the texture and patterns in those leaves, the bright happy yellow of the wattle flowers, the combination of the cycle of the seasons



Still a bit of time till the end of winter but this just popped into my head. I'm no poet, just random thoughts about this season and reframing what it means to me.

Winter's end
wind and rain
washing clean
mind and soul

ready for renewal
ready for new growth
ready for living outside
ready for life


Namaste
Lee


2 comments:

kelly hoernig said...

the photos are beautiful, am really intrigued by all the lovely colors of the last one - speaks volumes to me. thanks for shsring!

Raine said...

I beg to differ. You ARE a poet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails