Saturday 3 August 2013

Day 2 Blogalong - Time for a new story...

So I have made it to Day 2. I'm not usually that consistent with blogging so this is a big deal for me.

This spread was in my Book Of Mirrors. What is the Book of Mirrors you say, and what is the difference between Book of Days(BOD) and Book of Mirrors(BOM)? Effy explained it perfectly in one of her videos (I'm paraphrasing here because I can't put my finger, or ear,  on the exact wording) The Book of Days is for what is happening in the world around you, memory keeping and usually has photos involved. Book of Mirrors is about what is going on in your inner world, you inner landscape, something that is affecting you deep to your soul; it is your souls' voice. It can be a representation of an epiphany or it can simply be a reflection of your inner dialogue at that time. A BOM spread can have a lot of journaling like this one I am sharing today or it may have nothing other than a title. I usually do a little meditation or centering practice first to quiet the mind and really tune in. I light a candle or burn some incense. I do some automatic writing. Armed with the prompt given and inspiration from Effy I sat down to explore what is really rocking my world at the moment. Currently I am in week 4 of viral laryngitis and I am over it. In the metaphysical world, laryngitis is associated with words unsaid, not being heard or feeling supported so this is what I explored in reframing what is the root cause of my problem. This prompt was perfect timing.
supplies used were 
Silks paints in Snap Dragon and Stargazer
Jo Sonja metalic paints in rose Gold and Pearl White
Violet Shade in Pan Pastels
Black Permapque pen,
White signo pen

What is the story/s that you are telling yourself and is it time to reframe and write a new one?

Namaste
Lee

3 comments:

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Lovely journal page!
And here's to your "new story!"
Merry creating.

Unknown said...

Great layout. I have been doing a lot of work on changing old stories too.

cookievf said...

So sorry to hear you've been sick! I love the preparation you do before working in your art journal.. Grounding, clearing, writing, asking. BOM is so "up my alley" and I need to get back on track with it.

Had to smile, as I saw we'd both had QUITE the lapse in our blogging practices. I always say, "Flickr is my blog" and I'm close to. 4,000 pics I think!

~ vicki xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails