Monday 19 July 2010

Back to Reality

Hi everyone
Well what a shock back into reality last week going back to work after a week off. Sometimes I wonder why I have time off when I have to work twice as long when I get back. Anyway it was good to recharge the batteries and get some art journalling in. I have definately had withdrawal symptoms this week without it.

I have also been a bit quiet on my blog this week because I am demonstrating at stand E18 at the quilt and craft fair on Saturday and have been prepping some background papers and cards for it. My good friends Anna and Rachel are demo-ing on Friday.
I did manage to do one page in my journal which is a simple mandala coloured in with watercolour pencils..


 
I havent had much practise in these but I love them and just found a book yesterday which should help. Hopefully I can get some time to try another one this week.
Meanwhile it is back to the prepping. I will post some pictures later in the week of what I have planned for the show.

Happy Creating everyone
Lee:)

5 comments:

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Hi Lee,
Love your mandala.
There are some great sites online that have printable mandalas. One of my girls loves colouring them, so I print them off to keep her busy on long road trips.
Journaling does become a bit addictive.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

Anna Rosa Designs said...

Hi Lee,
Thanks for the mention!
Oh yeah, I remember Mandala's being hugh back a while.

Looking forward to seeing your next Mandala and also you're pretty background papers for the show!
Hugs,
Anna

Sugar n spice said...

Hi Lee
This journal page is spectacular. What a great result. I love the pages you do using the watercolours, I'm going to have a go at a bit more of it, I had never tried until doing the course with Kerryanne, always used paints but I love the different effect, a bit more subtle. Sorry to hear about the drag of work but I know what you mean abiout having time off, oh to be rich and not have to work!
xx Janet

Kelly said...

Really nice mandala.

Kim S Owens said...

Your mandala is so beautiful! I love the colors and the black doodles - I have yet to master making one :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails