Sunday 18 August 2013

Day 17 - Trust

I'd like to share my latest Book of Days spread today. It was all about trust - trust in yourself, trust in the universe.  It is so easy to get caught up in the negativity of a situation. In the end, what is important is not what happened but your reaction to it. I trust that everything in this universe happens for a reason, even if at the time, that reason is not clear. I trust that in time it will be revealed, I trust that i am never given anything I cannot handle, and I trust that the universe always has my back. Whether it is a simple physical setback or something else, I try to see them all the same and find the solution, the positive, the lesson. 

This week has had a couple of challenges. 
When I sat down to record them in my Book of Days, I realised that the common thread of these challenges was that they required trust.
This technique, Effy called a pulled face because the background is done first, totally intuitive, with no outcome in mind. Then you find faces in the page and go with however they present themselves. This was sort of like a meditation when this face appeared. I didn't know how I was going to write about this week until the face appeared. I love this style of painting, like automatic writing, like meditations.

Namaste
Lee

2 comments:

Raine said...

Beautifully done! Namaste

Rene (rhymes with Bean!) said...

Love your "pulled face" I need to go back to that method. Sometimes I see no face, but I keep seeing birds!

Guess I should just go with that and see what words appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails